Engineering Fast Track (EFT) is a way to help high school students accelerate earning an engineering degree by taking one or multiple courses offered online.
Programs > Accelerated > Engineering Fast Track for students and families
Information for students and families
Through our flexible Engineering Fast Track facilitation models, students in high school have the unique opportunity to earn college credit without having to incur financial or GPA risks.
Provide affordable college credit options
Low risk, low cost: Pay a $25 eligibility fee per student to take each course. Upon successful completion (“C” or higher) pay for ASU college credit at $400 per course, with up to one year to pay.
Increase access to advanced college-level material, especially in the STEM fields
These online courses are semester-based and are offered on a 7.5 to 16-week format depending on the course. Courses are taught by ASU faculty members in their respective fields.
Accelerate your path to a degree
By successfully completing EFT courses, high school students will accelerate their time to degree by starting on a path to completing their degree in less than four years. Completing these classes while in high school significantly decreases the time and cost of earning a bachelor’s degree.
Receive the STEM Record of Achievement
By completing FSE100, CSE110, MAT265 and CHM114 (with a 3.0 GPA or higher), students can receive an a STEM Record of Achievement and get started on their way to an accelerated degree in the Fulton Schools!
How it works
- Review the full list of course options.
- Register for Engineering Fast Track.
- Within 2-3 business days, you will receive an enrollment email with course registration instructions and your ASURITE ID.
- Enroll in your desired course(s)* for the upcoming semester. You must be registered for your course(s) two weeks before the course start date.
- Select “Pursue Credit” to take the course(s) for academic credit ($25 fee per course).
- Complete your course(s).
- If you successfully complete your course(s) a 3.0 GPA or better and would like the course added to an official college transcript, log into your account and select “Get Credit” for each course ($400 per course).
- Receive an official college transcript with your academic credit, which you can immediately apply towards the 3+1 program at Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
- Enroll in new courses for the next semester! *We recommend taking 1-2 courses each term. Not all courses are taught each term, so you will want to review the course schedule.
Intro to Engineering
In this online engineering course, you will discover how to become a true engineer by exploring the engineering design processes in a hands-on learning environment.
Programming for Everyone: Introduction to Programming
In this online programming course, you will learn how to solve problems using programs for the devices that are all around us.
Calculus for Engineers I: Calculus with Analytic Geometry for Science and Engineering
This self-paced, college-level calculus course is ideal for students interested in engineering, mathematics, computer science, physics, chemistry, earth and atmospheric sciences, and life sciences.
General Chemistry for Engineers
In this online chemistry for engineers course, you’ll learn how atoms and molecules act and interact to make the modern materials that underpin technology and solve engineering challenges.
Contact Dr. Adam Henry, Associate Director of Outreach and Recruitment at [email protected].