As a first-year student enrolled in an Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, you have the opportunity to enrich your academic experience outside of the classroom by living in the Fulton Schools Residential Community. Along with close access to classes, sporting events, campus activities, and tutoring resources, you will have access to Peer Mentors, and Community Assistants: upper-division Fulton students who live with you in the Fulton Schools Residential Community, and assist with your success. These student leaders are a helpful resource to you as you chart your academic career, and they also know how to have a lot of fun.
We use a holistic approach to ensure the success of our students. The goals of the Fulton Schools Residential Community are:
– Residents build relationships with students, faculty, and staff in the Fulton Schools of Engineering. Residents form friendships and study group with each other and interact with Fulton Schools faculty and staff outside of the classroom.
– Residents create a strong support system that serves students throughout their academic and professional careers. Residents feel a sense of belonging within the Fulton Schools and affinity for their school and major throughout their time at ASU and beyond.
– Residents connect with Fulton Schools and ASU resources that aid in student success. Professional and student staff connect residents to resources. Residents are empowered to take control of their own academic, personal, and professional success.
– Residents have fun through a variety of academic and social programs and opportunities. Residents enjoy their experience living on campus, alleviate stress from their academic obligations, and persist in their enrollment in the Fulton Schools.
The Fulton Schools Residential Community hosts exciting and engaging activities throughout the year. You can challenge your professors to a game of cornhole, dine at Engrained with faculty and upperclassmen, learn about Laser Cutting Lab and our 3D printers with other engineers, tour ASU and industry facilities and much more!
Turn around trips
The Fulton Schools Residential Community hosts two turn around trips for Residential Freshmen! Join us as we head to an exciting location (TBD). Past trips have included Universal Studios Hollywood and Disneyland California.
Tempe – Tooker House
Tooker House, designed specifically for undergraduates in the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, is a seven-story, co-ed living and learning community on ASU’s Tempe campus. Tooker House has many structural, educational, and community features that make it the perfect place to enjoy living and studying as an engineer.
A goal for the project was to express the engineering and sustainable design elements of the community in as many forms as possible throughout the project’s spaces to support a strong living/learning community. Two e-space classrooms provide a collaborative environment where engineering students can work on projects, develop new technologies and use maker tools like 3D printers and laser cutters.
- Suites are fully furnished quad apartments with adjoining bathrooms
- Hardwood-style flooring
- Quartz stone countertops
- Microwaves and mini-refrigerators in each suite
- Ceiling fans
- Full service 14,000 sq. ft., 525-seat dining facility
- Recreation center with modern student lounges, billiards and ping pong
- Modern fitness center with cardio machines and strength equipment
- Fully wi-fi accessible, with bandwidth to accommodate multiple devices per resident
- Full-service community kitchens
- On-site laundry facilities w/ Bluetooth (notifies students when cycles are complete)
- Academic success centers with private and semi-private study lounges
- Convenience store
- Courtyard with outdoor pavilions and covered terraces
- Gated community with 24-hour campus security and front-desk services
- Live-in residential staff
Tooker House tours
If you would like to tour Tooker House, you must make a special tour request by contacting University Housing at (480) 965-3515 or email@example.com.
Other Fulton residential options
Freshmen reside in Century Hall. The three-story, 84,000 square-foot residence hall, has two wings, creating an environment where students will live with other students who share the same major, interact with faculty members and have access to academic resources and student services outside of the classroom. Each wing features three student activity lounges, one on each floor for pool, foosball and table tennis. In addition, each floor includes a TV, two quiet study rooms and a laundry area free to Century residents. The two wings of the building are linked together by a one-story common area with a lobby, 24-hour information desk, administration offices, community kitchen, two multipurpose rooms, a group study room and a small collaborative studio known as the Solution Space. Outside the common area there are two gas grills, seating space and a courtyard. Note: There is an additional $49 per semester fee to live in a residential college community.
Residential Student Leaders
All students living in the Fulton Schools Residential Community have student leaders on their floors. In Tempe & Poly students have access to Community Assistants and Peer Mentors. These student leaders are upper-division Fulton students who plan exciting and educational programs to keep students engaged in the community, connect their residents to ASU and Fulton Schools resources, and ensure the community is a great environment to live in. These student leaders are an invaluable resource to help you chart your academic career, and they also know how to help make your first year here an experience to remember!
Find out more
If you have additional questions about living in the Fulton Schools Residential Community, contact First Year Programs at 480-965-8326 or University Housing at 480-965-3515
Fulton Engineers at Tempe live in the Fulton Schools Residential Community at Tooker House.
Fulton Engineers at Polytechnic live in Century Hall and Palo Blanco Hall.
For more information please visit: housing.asu.edu/residential-colleges
Connect with us on Facebook.