Student leadership opportunities
Building diverse student leaders
Fulton Schools aims to provide student leadership opportunities to help students acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to become effective leaders in their future careers.
Through a combination of experiences, such as participating in leadership workshops and events, the goal is to equip Fulton Schools students with the tools and confidence to lead effectively in a variety of contexts, and to foster a strong sense of community within Fulton Schools.
Women in Fulton Consortium
Fulton Schools aims to increase gender diversity in science and engineering with various programs and initiatives.
The Women in Fulton Consortium will be comprised of women leaders from student organizations and various Fulton Difference programs and help increase collaboration and support for Fulton women in engineering (in-person, online, undergraduate and graduate.)
Additionally, the Consortium will help support and promote broader Fulton and ASU initiatives, such as Women’s HERstory Month.
Diversity Student Leader (DSL) Consortium
The Fulton Schools Diversity Student Leader Consortium will be a collective voice for underrepresented and historically excluded Fulton students and be tasked with updating Fulton Schools leadership on their various advocacy initiatives, engagement opportunities, etc.
This group aims to help increase advocacy and support for underrepresented and historically excluded students from higher education and STEM, specifically engineering.
Conferences + professional development
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Conferences and Events
- ASU Women’s Coalition Opportunities
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Meetings
- Commission on the Status of Women Opportunities
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) Convention
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) Events
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Past and Future Events
- Fulton Undergraduate or Graduate Students: Experiential Learning Grant
- Undergraduate Students Only: Undergraduate Student Government
- GCSP Students Only: GCSP Experiential Learning Grant
- Barrett, the Honors College Students Only: Thesis and Honors Project Funding
- Graduate Students Only: Graduate Professional Student Association (GPSA)