Order of the Engineer
Order of the Engineer Stories
Be part of a Fulton Engineering Tradition.
Fall 2017 information
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Memorial Union 207 Gold Room , Tempe campus
$15 registration for students, $30 for faculty and alumni
Attire for this event is business casual. Registration includes the ceremonial ring. All fall 2017 graduating seniors and alumni of ABET-accredited programs as well as Professional Engineers, licensed in the United States, are invited to attend the Order of the Engineer fall 2017 ceremony. Participants may bring a guest. Order of the Engineer is a commitment to uphold the Oath in engineering practice. The Order consists of individuals seeking to uphold the integrity, honesty and values all engineers should possess to better society. It is a lifelong commitment that begins with this Ring Ceremony. The ring is a symbol of the commitment to the Oath and is worn on the small finger of the working hand. Learn more about the history of the Order of the Engineer or check out the frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I invite guests to the Order of the Engineer ceremony? Yes, you may. One guest per individual is accepted, and they must be registered at the same time as the inductee.
- What if I don’t know my ring size? The ring is worn on the pinky finger of your working hand. Most jewelers will be able to help you determine your ring size. Rings will be available at the event and you can be sized during registration. Be aware that this is a popular event and registration will be very busy. Knowing your ring size and including it in your registration information will help reduce long wait times.
- I have already taken the Obligation of the Engineer. Can I still participate in the ceremony? Yes! While you don’t need to take the Obligation again, you can help by taking registrations and distributing rings to the new inductees at the event. To volunteer, please contact email@example.com.
- What if I cannot attend the Order of the Engineer ceremony? To be inducted, you must attend the event. If you have any extenuating circumstances, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who can I contact for additional questions or information? Please contact email@example.com.
- Tell me more about the Order of the Engineer. Learn more about the Order of the Engineer at the national website.
History of the Order at ASU
The Order of the Engineer at Arizona State University was once organized by Steven Trimble, Professor of Practice in the School for Engineering of Matter, Transport and Energy for the graduating seniors in his Senior Design class. He acted as the school’s link, and inducted many students. Although the event was not available to all students, the standard of excellence was set. Beginning in 2010, the Order of the Engineer was made available to the entire senior class of the ABET accredited programs of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering. This event is held by the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering and the Engineering Alumni Chapter, with support from many student organizations including the Society of Women Engineers, the Engineering Student Council and many more who volunteer with our team.