Global engineering education
We provide global experiences to elevate your education
Study Abroad scholarships
The ASU Study Abroad office offers resources to guide you as you consider financing your education abroad experience.
— Scholarship options
- Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Study Abroad Scholarships – $500–$1000 scholarships are available for Fulton undergraduate students who have applied to an ASU study abroad program. It is preferred that students have financial need according to the FAFSA and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Scholarships are competitive. The application deadline is February 1 for summer 2020, fall 2020, and 2020-21 academic year programs.
- Fulton Difference Experiential Learning Grant – $500–$1000 The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering Student Engagement office offers competitive funding to current undergraduate Fulton students to support experiential learning opportunities that enhance their engineering education and bring recognition to the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering.
- Grand Challenge Scholars Program Experiential Learning Grant – Fulton Engineering Grand Challenge Scholars Program Students can apply for the GCSP Experiential Learning Grant to help support airfare costs for approved ASU study abroad programs to help meet the global component of the program. Students must be confirmed in the study abroad program to apply. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship – The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program offers grants for U.S. citizen undergraduate students Pell Grant recipients to pursue academic studies abroad. Up to $5000 scholarships are available for U.S. citizen undergraduates to study abroad. Students must be studying or interning for a minimum of 28 days in one country. To make your application as competitive as possible, meet with the Lorraine W. Frank Office of National Scholarship Advisement.
- Study Abroad Office Scholarships/Grants – The ASU Study Abroad Office offers a Travel Grant and a Planning Scholarship for first generation college students. In addition, the Study Abroad Office maintains a list of external study abroad scholarships.
- Bridging Scholarships
The Association for Teachers of Japanese Bridging Project offers scholarships to American undergraduate students participating in study-abroad programs in Japan.
- SPIE Educational Scholarships in Optical Science and Engineering
SPIE is an international society advancing light-based research. SPIE constituents work in a wide variety of fields that utilize some aspect of optics and photonics, which is the science and application of light.
For more information about financing your study abroad program, review the ASU Study Abroad website for information on financial aid, scholarships and upcoming “Financing Your Study Abroad” workshops.