Summer Transportation Institute
Learn what it takes to make traffic flow in a safe and effective way
Spend three weeks on the ASU Tempe campus and learn how traffic engineers plan and maintain our systems of transportation around the state.
- Tour locations and traffic systems not typically accessible to the general public
- Meet with professional engineers from around the state
- Learn what engineers do to make our transportation system work effectively and safely
Engineers make a world of difference and you might find a career opportunity that you never knew existed.
This opportunity could pave the way to your future. Participation in the Summer Transportation Institute is free of charge.
To apply for this opportunity:
- You will need to be a next-year sophomore, junior or senior with a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- A letter of recommendation from your counselor, science or math teacher.
- An essay—maximum of 300 words—to explain why you want to participate in this program. Please include any relevant information, such as your interest in transportation planning or issues that you recognize, that have sparked your interest in transportation as a possible career area.
- A completed application form.
The 2013 program is full and no longer accepting applications.
Comments, suggestions or requests for information about the 2014 program, please contact:
Jan David Snyder, Ed.D.
Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
Office of Academic and Student Affairs
P.O. Box 875506, Tempe AZ 85287-5506