The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program offers grants for U.S. citizen undergraduate students of limited financial means to pursue academic studies abroad for a summer, semester or full academic year.
The Gilman awards over 2,300 scholarships across the U.S. each year of up to $5,000 to help defray eligible study abroad expenses, including program tuition, room and board, books, airfare, insurance and local transportation. Award amounts vary depending on the length of your study abroad program and financial need. The average award for a Gilman Scholar is approximately $4,000.
The mission is to send more students abroad and better prepare U.S. students to assume significant roles in an increasingly global economy and interdependent world.
Come to an information session to learn more.
- Thursday, August 27th – 3:00-4:00 p.m., Tempe Campus, Memorial Union 246 Coconino [map]
- Tuesday, September 1st – 4:00-5:00 p.m., Tempe Campus, Barrett Cereus 201 [map]
- Wednesday, September 2nd – Noon-12:50 p.m., Tempe Campus, Memorial Union 242 Lapaz (bring your lunch!) [map]
- Wednesday, September 9th – 3:00-4:00 p.m., Tempe Campus, Barrett Cottonwood Hall 101 [map]
- Thursday, September 10th – Noon-1:00 p.m., Downtown Phoenix Campus, UCENT 271 [map]
- Monday, September 14th – 2:30-3:30 p.m., Polytechnic Campus, Peralta 135 [map]
Space is limited! Please register to attend in advance to Brian Goehner, at email@example.com or480-727-8204.